UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Assertion `!fillHeader->nTimeStamp' failed. in vcu trd 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm using an RTSP serverEncoder/Decoder base on the VCU TRD 2018.2

My encoder is running using a simple RTSP server from gstreamer-rtsp plugins example as following

GST_DEBUG=3 ~/gst-test-rtsp-srv "( v4l2src io-mode=dmabuf ! video/x-raw,format=NV12, width=3840, height=2160, framerate=60/1 ! omxh264enc control-rate=constant target-bitrate=60000 qp-mode=uniform low-bandwidth=TRUE num-slices=4 prefetch-buffer=TRUE latency-mode=normal periodicity-idr=30   ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

Connecting a VLC session to the encoder works well but when I'm running the decoder I got the image a few seconds but after this the process crash in assertion

Here is the decoder gstreamer command.

GST_DEBUG=3,omx:1 gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.18:554/stream latency=200 name=demux demux. ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-bytes=0 ! omxh264dec ! queue max-size-buffers=5 max-size-bytes=0 ! kmssink bus-id="a0070000.v_mix" sync=false

gst-launch-1.0: base/omx_codec/omx_codec_dec.cpp:122: virtual void DecCodec::AssociateCallBack(BufferHandleInterface*, BufferHandleInterface*): Assertion `!fillHeader->nTimeStamp' failed.

Full log attached

Aborted

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Assertion `!fillHeader->nTimeStamp' failed. in vcu trd 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hi @ericzerbib,

The VCU TRD 2018.3 is now available from the wiki. Could you try and see if the error is gone now?

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

This looks like an error that is fixed in the upcoming 2018.3 release.  I recommend you retry this when 2018.3 is available and see if the issue continues.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to solution

Hi @ericzerbib,

The VCU TRD 2018.3 is now available from the wiki. Could you try and see if the error is gone now?

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

in 2018.3 the problem has disapear