Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

C-PHY solution for FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello guys. 

I'm searching for any solution that could provide a C-PHY external interface for the VCU118 FPGA board. Ideally, it should be FMC board and since FPGA doesn't support C-PHY electrical interface directly, as I see it, I have two possibilities here:

1. D-PHY <-> C-PHY bridge(converter),

2. C-PHY chip with PPI interface that is connected to FPGA(not sure that this is feasible because of PPI parallel nature and relatively high frequency)

Maybe there are other ways to resolve the issue?! 

Does Xilinx or Xilinx partner have the boards(or any solution) with similar functionality? Maybe someone has already run into this issue and could share the way it was resolved, any help will be helpful!  

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: C-PHY solution for FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello @egorman44 

>Does Xilinx or Xilinx partner have the boards(or any solution) with similar functionality?

Unfortunately, for now Xilinx does not have any solution for C-PHY. (No IP solution, No FPGA pins that can natively support C-PHY)
I've never heard any C-PHY converter chip form our partner too. 

I've seen two customers using Xilinx FPGA to receive MIPI C-PHY signal from sensors.
They are using discrete resistor network and they built their own IP. (Full custom board design)

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @egorman44 

>Does Xilinx or Xilinx partner have the boards(or any solution) with similar functionality?

Unfortunately, for now Xilinx does not have any solution for C-PHY. (No IP solution, No FPGA pins that can natively support C-PHY)
I've never heard any C-PHY converter chip form our partner too. 

I've seen two customers using Xilinx FPGA to receive MIPI C-PHY signal from sensors.
They are using discrete resistor network and they built their own IP. (Full custom board design)

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello Karnanl, thank you a lot for your reply. It looks like the custom board currently the only solution to provide a C-PHY external interface.