UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar watari
Scholar

[DP example design] Can I output communication message of link training and so on on console when I use DP example design ?

Jump to solution

Hi all

I already know xapp 1271 is obsoleted and Xilinx suggest to use DP example design in Vivado.

But I'd like to see communication message like xapp1271 even if I use DP example design.

Because it is easy to understanding what/how DP IP negotiate and recognise lane.

And  so I have a question.

Can I output communication message of link training and so on (change color depth/lane number) on console when I use DP example design ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: [DP example design] Can I output communication message of link training and so on on console when I use DP example design ?

Jump to solution

Hi @watari,

The example design is basically the same design as xapp1271 which was integrated to vivado and SDK. This was it can be updated regularly. SO by using the example design instead of the xapp1271 you can enjoy the latest updates.

Yes you can have the output uart and change the link configuration from the console.

Follow the DP PG to know how to generate the application in SDK

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
4 Replies

Re: [DP example design] Can I output communication message of link training and so on on console when I use DP example design ?

Jump to solution

Hi @watari,

The example design is basically the same design as xapp1271 which was integrated to vivado and SDK. This was it can be updated regularly. SO by using the example design instead of the xapp1271 you can enjoy the latest updates.

Yes you can have the output uart and change the link configuration from the console.

Follow the DP PG to know how to generate the application in SDK

Florent
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @florentw

Thank you for your explanation.

Got it.

BTW, if I want to see same log message (xapp1271) in example design, how do I do ?

1. Modify or update C source code to support same log message, like xapp1271.

2. (I hope that) Xilinx prepare modified C source code...

3. other

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @watari,

The application included in SDK should have nearly the same log message as the xapp1271. Again, refer to chapter 5 of pg199/233 to know how to generate it

Florent
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @florentw

Thank you for your explanation.

Got it.

I will check it.

Best regards,

0 Kudos