UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Different Input Gateways for Simulation and Generation - Simulation Multiplexer is deprecated?

Hello.
Does anybody knows how to solve problem better?
I have a Sysgen 9.2 model which uses data from ADC. So at the input of my model there is an ADC driver block, which takes control over 4 multiplexed ADCs with one Data bus. This ADC driver block generates "Chip Select" and "Data Read" signals, reads all Data from one multiplexed Data bus and latches it in Registers.
The problem, that I want to simulate my model in Matlab and, since my ADC driver is fully tested I want to ignore it during simulation and connect the Inputs of my block directly to Simulink sources via Gateways In.
This would be easily made by Simulation Multiplexer, but it is deprecated. So how it could be made by Configuration Subsystems?
The problem is, as I see it - that Subsystems for hardware generation and Simulation having different input ports - for example - Hardware ADC Driver has input port "Data" only, but Simulation ADC driver must have "Channel 1 in", "Channel 2 in", "Channel 3 in "... etc.

Thanks for help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor jacobusn
Visitor

Re: Different Input Gateways for Simulation and Generation - Simulation Multiplexer is deprecated?

Hi

Why do you say the Simulation Multiplexer is deprecated? It still works for me in the latest SysGen...

Cheers
Jaco
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Different Input Gateways for Simulation and Generation - Simulation Multiplexer is deprecated?

Yeah. Right now it works.
But in my 9.2 in Help for this block written:"It is expected that the block will be eliminated in a future version of Xilinx blockset"
So I'm thinking how to change my design to take out this block.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can also use a configurable sub-system in the same manner as the simulation multiplexer.  You can have two sub-systems for your configurable subsystem, one which is used during simulation and another for generation.
0 Kudos