UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DisplayPort Resolution change without retraining

Jump to solution

I am using DisplayPort in a Kintex 7 device which I implemented using IP/Drivers from Vivado/SDK 2018.1 and am using the SDK code provided in the example design in my Microblaze application.   I am using the DisplaPort Rx and not Tx at this point.   Can somebody confirm that if the external DisplayPort Tx changes resolution which is a resolution that can be handled by the already setup number of lanes and link rate that the Xilinx DP Rx application will not force a retraining?    I am hoping the resolution change can happen quickly without retraining since I am planning to use this in production where test time is money.   

Thanks 

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DisplayPort Resolution change without retraining

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

You might want to test with the KC705 example design but from my understanding if you trained at the correct BW you do not need to retrain for a resolution change.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

You might want to test with the KC705 example design but from my understanding if you trained at the correct BW you do not need to retrain for a resolution change.

Florent

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" buton below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I will mark it as resolved for now.   I need a DP source that can try changing resolutions without requesting a retraining which I currently don't have.

Tim

0 Kudos