UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

DisplayPort rx subsystem microblaze

Hi,

I'm designing on a Kintex Ultrascale a Displayport Rx subsystem, I'm using microblaze and after a few lines of code (i2c initialization ad DisplayPort Rx subsystem initialization) the SDK starts showing me errors about overflow of stack or bss.

I understand that's must be related to microblaze BRAM, in the block design I put the maximum memory size and I keep receiving the same error, so my question is if in DisplayPort application the microblaze must have an external Ram?

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DisplayPort rx subsystem microblaze

Starting in Vivado 2017.3, the DisplayPort RX and TX Subsystems offers some example designs that show you how to build the designs, including how to setup and use MicroBlaze.

I recommend you take a look at Chapter 5 of PG233.
  http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/dp_rx_subsystem/v2_1/pg233-displayport-rx-subsystem.pdf

Once you have the design implemented you can then look at the SDK settings, including the stack and heap allocation.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi chrisar,

thank you for your hint, actually seems that I solved the problem with microblaze, was something related to the memory allocation, anyway I'm using Vivado 2017.3 and I try to implement the example design but I receive many errors so I can't generate the .bit file.

In attachment you can find the errors I get.

regards

0 Kudos

Hi auricm,

As some IP cores become more complex, they require deeper hierarchical structures, forcing projects built in Windows to use shorter path lengths. The errors are caused by the path length being longer than the maximum 260-Bytes allowed by Windows. Please see Answer Record AR52787 for more information.

The path shown in the error below is 280 Bytes. To reduce this to below 260 Bytes the quickest way will be to copy the project to c:/X/dp/.  The path will now be: c:/X/dp/dp_rx_subsystem_0_ex.srcs/sources_1/bd/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth/ip/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0.xdc

Here is the error shown in your log:
ERROR: [Common 17-680] Path length exceeds 260-Byte maximum allowed by Windows: c:/test_xilinx/dp_rx_subsystem_0_ex/dp_rx_subsystem_0_ex.srcs/sources_1/bd/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth/ip/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0/dp_rx_subsystem_0_design_synth_axis_clock_converter_0_0.xdc
Please consider using the OS subst command to shorten the path length by mapping part of the path to a virtual drive letter. See Answer Record AR52787 for more information.

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub