UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

GetIncludeSubcores subcoreRepo Table is not filled

When I try to configure the xvprocss driver, instance (XVprocSs *) , the call to GetIncludeSubcores fails, within the call an entry is present (The IsPresent comes back true) but when I try to get the pointer back from subcoreRepo[...] there is no entry. I cannot find anywhere how this table is filled. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: GetIncludeSubcores subcoreRepo Table is not filled

HI @kmwilliams,

Make sure you are following the exact same steps as the VPSS example design (in the same order):

1. VprocSsConfigPtr = XVprocSs_LookupConfig(XPAR_V_PROC_SS_0_DEVICE_ID);
  2. status = XVprocSs_CfgInitialize(pVprocss, VprocSsConfigPtr, VprocSsConfigPtr->BaseAddress);

Also, did you fix the issue mentioned below?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/Creating-xsdk-project-for-multiple-IP-HDMI-amp-VPSS-scaler/m-p/909643#M22632

The VPSS should be included directly in the BD. You will face too many issue by packaging it into a custom IP.

If you import the drivers manually you still do not have the xparameter.h not populated correctly

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I should have been more explicit. I have 2 scalers, in the xparameters.h the addresses that were assigned to the scalers is backwards. Meaning in the design Scaler is assigned address 44a80000 and scaler1 is assigned 44cc0000 but in xparameters.h I see the opposite assignment. When the code gets to the point of the subcore table getting loaded it crashes.

0 Kudos

Hi @danielaragona,

I am not sure the name in xparameter always match what you have in HW. The tool might check assign the ID 0 to the first vpss it can find. So I don't think this is an issue.

Can you try read in the first address for each VPSS in xsct (using mrd) to make sure you can access them.

Also, I just check: are you know using the VPSS directly in the BD or are you still using the VPSS in a packaged IP. If you are using them in a package IP, please try to use them directly.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

I am now using them in a single BD. 

I do the following...

1. In xhdmi_example.c main 

XVprocSs VprocInst;

XVprocSs* pVpssPtr;

pVpssPtr = &pVprocInst:

XVprocSS_Config* VprocSsConfigPtr;

memset(pVprocss, 0, sizeof(XVprocSs)); //Does this belong here?

VprocSsConfigPtr = XVprocSs_LookupConfig(XPAR_SCALER_V_PROC_SS_0_DEVICE_ID);

status = XVprocSs_CfgInitialize(pVprocss,VprocSsConfigPtr,VprocSsConfigPtr->BaseAddress);

XSys_SetStreamParam(VpssPtr,
XSYS_VPSS_STREAM_IN,
XVIDC_CSF_RGB,
FALSE);

// Set VPSS Video Output AXI Stream
// Note that output video is always progressive
XSys_SetStreamParam(VpssPtr,
XSYS_VPSS_STREAM_OUT,
XVIDC_CSF_RGB,
FALSE);
}

XVprocSs_SetSubsystemConfig(pVpssPtr);

Seems to die in last call.

Do I need the memset? or is there another way to load?

Should the XVprocSs_SetSubsystemConfig(pVpssPtr); come before XSys_SetStreamParam?

Thanks

0 Kudos