UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor andrea_87
Visitor

HDMI DEMO PROJECT MODIFICATION

I'm using vivado 2017.1.

I should modify the HDMI DEMO to better understand  his operations but I don't know how to do it. I need, for example, to make a square of black pixels in a corner of the screen. Could you help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: HDMI DEMO PROJECT MODIFICATION

Hey @andrea_87

I should modify the HDMI DEMO to better understand  his operations

So this looks like a homework assignment so you get comfortable with FPGAs and Video.

but I don't know how to do it.

Figuring that out is probably part of the assignment.

I need, for example, to make a square of black pixels in a corner of the screen.

Sounds like a simple task.

Could you help me?

There are many folks here who could help you with that, but that's not the purpose of this forum.

My suggestion is that you try to solve this task on your own and when you encounter specific issues, you come back and ask. I'm pretty sure all the smart folks hanging around here will gladly answer those questions.

All the best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Visitor andrea_87
Visitor

Re: HDMI DEMO PROJECT MODIFICATION

Hi,

I had modified the square very well, thanks for answer!!

can anyone explain to me how DDR is being written and read? I've read the pg020_axi_vdma documentation. I would like to understand how the VDMA works and how vDMA communicates with DDR memory but I'm a newbie and I have too much difficulties to understand it. I want to understand it but i'm not sure if the addresses are right. I'm studying the problem for 2 weeks

0 Kudos