UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

HDMI subsystem example on ZCU102

Jump to solution

Friends, 

(1) shouldn't the ZC706 voucher cover also HDMI subsystem? Or I do have to get the hardware evaluation license anyway?

(2) Any easy peasy way to port the internal Vivado HDMI example (available for the ZC706) to the ZCU102? 

I was going to save the BD as TCL and then manually change bits around but thought about asking here for tips before committing. 

Thank you.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HDMI subsystem example on ZCU102

Jump to solution

Hi @hbucher,

(1) shouldn't the ZC706 voucher cover also HDMI subsystem? Or I do have to get the hardware evaluation license anyway?

-> No the HDMI subsystem is a separated license. Yes you can generate an evaluation license.

Thing to note: There is to way to display HDMI on the ZC706:

1. Use the ADV7511 -> you don't need the HDMI Subsystem. The HDMI stream is generate by the ADV. However you cannot do up to 4K. (Edit: In this case you don't need any HDMI license)

2. Use the HDMI subsystem (you need an FMC card on the ZC706 - (Edit) and an HDMI license)

(2) Any easy peasy way to port the internal Vivado HDMI example (available for the ZC706) to the ZCU102? 

I was going to save the BD as TCL and then manually change bits around but thought about asking here for tips before committing. 

-> No real easy way. This is a different GT. But most of the work will be in the application.

For your information, a TRD using HDMI SS should be released at some point. But it will be running linux though.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @hbucher,

-> No the HDMI subsystem is a separated license. Yes you can generate an evaluation license.

Thing to note: There is to way to display HDMI on the ZC706:

1. Use the ADV7511 -> you don't need the HDMI Subsystem. The HDMI stream is generate by the ADV. However you cannot do up to 4K. (Edit: In this case you don't need any HDMI license)

2. Use the HDMI subsystem (you need an FMC card on the ZC706 - (Edit) and an HDMI license)

-> No real easy way. This is a different GT. But most of the work will be in the application.

For your information, a TRD using HDMI SS should be released at some point. But it will be running linux though.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@florentw  I can just strip Linux away - I just need the design. Well, cant be that different from the original example.

I will keep an eye for this TRD.

Thanks!

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @hbucher,

Also, an example design for ZCU102 should (note that it is not will) be added to 2017.3. This would be a better solution to have linux away.

Regards,

Florent

Florent