UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

HDMI to modular media over IP

Hi,

I am trying to connect HDMI input data(via HDMI RX subsystem) to Modular media over IP subsystem.

However, Modular Media over IP subsystem has only Video AXIS. HDMI RX subsystem  has Audio and Video AXIS.

Any idea how to send the Audio AXIS over Modular media over IP or alternate ways to send it along with Video ?

Thanks,

Asan.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: HDMI to modular media over IP

Hi @ajasan,

First I should note that:

This IP Core has been discontinued. Effective Date: 5/24/2017

It is not recommended for new designs. The core is removed from IP catalog as of 2017.2. Please contact Macnia Technology, our IP partner, for available alternative IP.

Second if you choose to move forward with the Modular Medio over IP (which I do not recommend) core it has the:

FC3190 Packetizer Module which Converts audio samples into a media datagram stream in accordance with the RFC3190 protocol used by VSF Technical Recommendation TR-03

I am not familiar with this IP but it looks like the audio and video will need to be transferred using the two RFC4175 and RFC3190 Modules. I am not sure if modules can be combined to output on the same stream.

2018-03-16 11_25_31-xcoapps61_9 (xcoapps61_9 (samk)) - VNC Viewer.png

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
Highlighted

Re: HDMI to modular media over IP

Hi @ajasan,

If everything is clear for you, please close the topic by marking a reply as accepted solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos