UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug VDMA giving VDMADecErr error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a VDMA in a design which is giving me a VDMADecErr error as soon as I start it and it halts.

Does anybody know how to go about debugging this address decode error?   The VDMA goes into an Axi Interconnect then to the MIG which is connected to a DDR2.   I verified in the Vivado address mapper that the addresses I am trying to write to look correct.

Thanks.

Tim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to debug VDMA giving VDMADecErr error

Jump to solution

@florentw,

Thanks for the response and the warning about stale files. 

My problem turned out to be due to the interconnect between the vdma and the MIG not being setup to be optimized for performance and also adding the FIFOS within the interconnect.   These were implemented in the working example design but I forgot to set that up in my custom design.    Once I set this up the VDMA started working.   

Tim

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

This is weird. I would add an ILA to see what address is really requested by the processor.

If you are using 2017.2, make sure you are aware of the issue mentioned in AR#69489. You could be using an old bitstream...

Kind Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@florentw,

Thanks for the response and the warning about stale files. 

My problem turned out to be due to the interconnect between the vdma and the MIG not being setup to be optimized for performance and also adding the FIFOS within the interconnect.   These were implemented in the working example design but I forgot to set that up in my custom design.    Once I set this up the VDMA started working.   

Tim