UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer varunvvdn
Observer

Migrating Displayport RX Subsystem Standalone driver to Petalinux

Jump to solution

I have an example design for Displayport RX subsystem targeted for ZCU102. This example design I am re-targeting to another device XZCU4CG (hopefully pin changes will be sufficient).

The example design on ZCU102 has standalone driver for Displayport RX subsystem, how can I write/migrate this to Petalinux, which I am planning to use for the new board with XZCU4CG device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migrating Displayport RX Subsystem Standalone driver to Petalinux

Jump to solution

Hi @varunvvdn ,

If you are not using the R5 cores for something else you can use the R5 to drive the Displayport and still boot with petalinux on the A53 cores

To read the register of the displayport IP for debugging you can use the xsct console in SDK and use the command mrd.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @varunvvdn ,

I would recommed to stick with the baremetal application. Porting the drivers to linux will require you some effort.

But if you want to go to that path, you would need to use the baremetal drivers from the linux user space. It will not be optimized driver.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer varunvvdn
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you..I will stick with the standalone application. As part of current bring up.

There is a driver written in petalinux to drive I2C for configuring a clock generator. which enables the PS clocks. The application is loaded at boot from SD card.

But since the example displayport application driver is in baremetal it cannot be put into SD card now as the clocks wont get enabled during boot. So for time being we first used the SD card to load the I2C driver to enable clocks (the bitstream will have displayport RX susbsytem PL). Then we programed the PS with baremetal application for displayport rx subsystem. I could see the prints to read the status of the IP but. the Whether the displayport cable is plugged in or now the status reported is same. I am currently looking into finding the way to debug. Can you please help in any debugging steps to follow.

How can I read the status register when using baremetal displayport rx subsystem driver?

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @varunvvdn ,

If you are not using the R5 cores for something else you can use the R5 to drive the Displayport and still boot with petalinux on the A53 cores

To read the register of the displayport IP for debugging you can use the xsct console in SDK and use the command mrd.

Florent
0 Kudos