UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

No HDMI output from ZC706 dev-kit runnnig example design

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

I have regenerated the TX-only HDMI example design for the ZCU706 dev-kit, and whilst the FPGA is programmed and the example application is running in debug in the xSDK( I get text output from the serial port), I am seeing no video on any monitor that I've tried to use.

Can anyone suggest why the HW and SW appear to be running correctly, but there is no video to be observed. I can find no jumper to set on the dev-kit to enable the HDMI circuit..

Also, can anyone clarify the settings that I should use when generating the HDMI-Tx IP core in the base Vivado project prior to generating the Example Vivado project.

TTFN,

DJE666

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No HDMI output from ZC706 dev-kit runnnig example design

Jump to solution

Hi @dje666,

Just a sanity check: I assume you are using the HDMI 2.0 FMC card from Inrevium and not the on-board HDMI (which does not use the HDMI IP)?

Could you send the result of the uart console and a register dump of the Video Phy IP?

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @dje666,

Just a sanity check: I assume you are using the HDMI 2.0 FMC card from Inrevium and not the on-board HDMI (which does not use the HDMI IP)?

Could you send the result of the uart console and a register dump of the Video Phy IP?

Thanks and Regards,

Florent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the sanity check. I am using the on-board HDMI port on the ZC706 card, not realizing that this was incompatible with the HDMI IP.

I don't have access to an Inrevium HDMI daughter card at this time so I'll set aside this experiment for now.

Thanks for your help.

DJE666

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @dje666,

On the ZC706, the on-board HDMI is done using the external ADV7511. In the FPGA you will just need a AXI4-Stream to Video out + VTC to send content.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos