UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chenhai
Visitor

Problem regarding to accumulation and hardware co-simulation

Hi all,

I need an accumulation in my design. However, it doesn't work in hardware co-simulation.

This is my situation:
1. [1:10;[11:20]]' from workspace as the input. Process by an default setting accumulation. Finally output to a scope. It works very well in the matlab simulation case.

2. Generate the accumulation to LIB with the point2point network cosimulation. The result return is unexpectable, very different from that of the software simulation.

Would anyone tell what happens to this, pls? How to get the correct answer in hardware co-simulation? Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor chenhai
Visitor

Re: Problem regarding to accumulation and hardware co-simulation

It seems that 8-bit input and 8-bit output can get the correct result.
But 8-bit input and 16-bit output can't.
I will try again today and hopefully can make it clear.
0 Kudos
Visitor chenhai
Visitor

It works after setting the "clock source" as "single stepped".

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you're not using "single stepped" mode the hardware will not be synchronized to the software and the data captured and passed to the hardware will be somwhat random since the hardware co-sim interface is not able to run at the full board system rate typically.
0 Kudos