UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jad1986
Visitor

Problem targeting Virtex 5 family in System Generator

ISE Foundation 8.2.03i sp3, and the Virtex 5 LXT/LX330 patches
MATLAB 2006a
System Generator 8.2

Why aren't the Virtex-5 family platforms showing up in System Generator????  They show up in ISE, no problem.  I tried generating HDL for a Virtex 4 in Sys Gen, and then changing the target to a Virtex-5 in ISE, and it seemed to work for a simple design, but I would like to be able to target the Virtex5 directly.

Any suggestions???

Joseph
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem targeting Virtex 5 family in System Generator

System Generator will enable access to all the devices available in ISE at the time of System Generator installation.  If you have added Virtex-5 support later or reinstalled ISE with different devices enabled you can refresh the part info in System Generator by running the following command in the Matlab prompt:
>> xlupdatepartinfo
0 Kudos
Visitor jad1986
Visitor

I ran xlupdatepartinfo, rebooted, but still no Virtex-5.  In ISE I can change the part to a Virtex-5 and it seems to update the components (DSP48 turn in DSP48E), but I get an error during Place and Route regarding the Speed Grade....   "-12 not supported for Virtex 5".     ... any other ideas?  Is it possible that SysGen 8.2 doesn't support V5??  Can I modify the xlpartinfo.m files and add the chip I need? 

joe
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Do you have any other versions of ISE on your machine?  You can run getenv('XILINX') at MATLAB to confirm where your Xilinx environment variable is pointing.

System Generator should support any device ISE does.  The parts available in ISE should be reflected in the System Generator token.  Now there may be specific IP which does not work on all architectures but the options for the SysGen token should match ISE.  
0 Kudos
Visitor jad1986
Visitor

Only one version of ISE installed.  Perhaps a reinstall would fix things up.  It's good to know that it's supposed to be there.  Thanks for your help
0 Kudos