UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Reading frames loaded from SD Card with VDMA

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I loaded a frame (.bif)  from an SD card in  and tried reading with VDMA. I could not get any output so, I did some debugging and realized that, the the TREADY, ARREADY and RLAST are '1' and the remaining signals are '0'. What could be the issue? The Block design and the sample waveforms can be found below.

Thank you 

Tags (2)
1.PNG
2.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reading frames loaded from SD Card with VDMA

Jump to solution

I finally sloved the problem. I connected the active low signals to GND instead of leaving the signals unconnected.  The frame was finally read.

Thank you

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @baring42read 

First question is: are you able to access the image on the SDcard if you read from the PS?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hello,
Yes, I was able to access the SD card and read the data to a DDR. Initially, I was using Xil_Out to configure VDMA and must have missed something. So, I did it the drivers in the xaxivdma.h and read the data. But I am on able to display the frame with VGA though with ILA, I can see the data being read. Also, the VTC does not generate any signals and the vtg_ce that connects to gen_clk ls constant low. At this point, I have data till the Video in of AXI to Video Out IP. Also, I have connected the signals are required, the enables, and resets .
Any suggestions?
Thank you
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @baring42read 

Is the TVALID from VDMA to AXI4-Stream to Video Out HIGH?

If yes, you might have something wrong in the polarity of the enable or reset signals

Florent
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes, the TVALID is HIGH as shown on the waveform below. Also, I connected the resests and enable signals are expected but no output signals are generated by AXI to Video stream out and I suspect as a reseult of this, vtg_ce is constantly low and the VTC does not generate any signals. I don't know what could be wrong.Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I finally sloved the problem. I connected the active low signals to GND instead of leaving the signals unconnected.  The frame was finally read.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

HI @baring42read 

As this is now solved for you, could you kindly mark a reply as accepted solution to close the thread?

Thanks

Florent
0 Kudos