UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bva_rzn
Observer

Synchronization vdma with a module written in hls

There is an input stream of video data (8 bits, mono) arriving at the input S_AXIS_S2MM. There are 3 buffers in axi_vdma. The settings for vdma are shown in the figure.

The lines M_AXI_S2MM are connected to axi_interconnect and MIG.
There is a module on HLS that processes frames from memory, to which axi_vdma writes.

The HLS module has an AXI master interface and pragma offset = direct. The HLS module outputs the processed frame with the AXI stream to the video_to_out module.
The axi_vdma module is used to form a circular buffer in DDR memory. The output of s2mm_frame_ptr_out on the falling edge of user shows the number of the buffer to which axi_vdma writes. I plan to use this information to specify the address of the buffer on which the HLS module will read the AXI master interface.

Question. How to synchronize the operation of recording frames via axi_vdma and reading frames by the HLS module?
Those. axi_vdma writes the frame at time i, and the HLS module reads the frame recorded at time i-1.

Thank you

Tags (2)
figure1.jpg
figure2.jpg
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Synchronization vdma with a module written in hls

Hi @bva_rzn,

Question. How to synchronize the operation of recording frames via axi_vdma and reading frames by the HLS module?

I would use a single VDMA for read and write. The synchronization will be internal. The write will not happen on the buffer being read.

And then the synchronization might be only the ready signals.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Re: Synchronization vdma with a module written in hls

Hi @bva_rzn,

Do you have any updates on this topic?

If everything is clear for you on this subject, please kindly mark a reply as solution to close the topic. Else please reply to the topic

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos