UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

UHD-SDI Audio IP core in Artix-7...?

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

For an SDI design with a maximum requirement to support 3G-SDI, I am having trouble determining if Artix-7 will be capable.

I have found the SD/HD/3G-SDI v3.0 IP core, and this can be added to a 2018.3 Vivado project setup to target a -2 Artix-7 device. However, the Audio Embed/De-Embed block only appears to be supported as part of the UHD-SDI IP family, hence a Kintex-7 chip is required as a minimum.

Does anyone know if there is an Audio Embed/De-Embedd core from Xilinx that can be setup for 3D-SDI and will run in an Artix-7 chip?

Why is the Audio Embed/De-embed IP limited to Kintex-7 and above, when I am limiting the design to 3G-SDI and Artix-7 has XCVRs that are capable of supporting this interface standard via the SD/HD/3G-SDI v3.0 IP core?

Regards,

DJE666

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: UHD-SDI Audio IP core in Artix-7...?

Jump to solution

Hi @dje666,

I believe you are talking about the UHD SDI Audio v2.0 core. 

image.png

This core is built specifically to work with the SMPTE UHD-SDI v1.0 core. It is not designed to work with the SMPTE SD/HD/3G-SDI 3.0 core.

To Embed/De-Embed using the SMPTE SD/HD/3G-SDI 3.0 core, take a look at XAPP1014 Section V. The XAPP includes the RTL, so you are free to make any needed modifications.

Alternatively, Omnitek provides a solution as well.

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @dje666,

I believe you are talking about the UHD SDI Audio v2.0 core. 

image.png

This core is built specifically to work with the SMPTE UHD-SDI v1.0 core. It is not designed to work with the SMPTE SD/HD/3G-SDI 3.0 core.

To Embed/De-Embed using the SMPTE SD/HD/3G-SDI 3.0 core, take a look at XAPP1014 Section V. The XAPP includes the RTL, so you are free to make any needed modifications.

Alternatively, Omnitek provides a solution as well.

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

Thanks for this clarification.

Can you point me to an example design that uses the UHD-SDI Audio core in conjunction with the SMPTE UHD-SDI IP core? One supports AXI whilst the other does not so I need to understand how to configure and combine them in an Artix 3G SDI project.

The example design can target any family of course...just so long as it demonstrates basic application of these IP cores....

Ta,

dje666

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi dje666,

No problem!
From PG309:
Example design support is not available for the UHD-SDI Audio IP core. However, example
design is available for SMPTE UHD-SDI RX Subsystem. As part of the example design for SMPTE
UHD-SDI RX Subsystem demonstration, the UHD-SDI Audio IP core is used to embed and
extract audio data. For more details on the options and features available, refer to the Example
Design section of the SMPTE UHD-SDI RX Subsystem Product Guide (PG290).

Also for more AXI information, take a look at UG934. http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_videoip/v1_0/ug934_axi_videoIP.pdf

-Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos