cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

USB Camera and Zynq Ultrascale+

Hi everyone, 

I'm recently working on Ultra96 board wich has a Zynq Ultrascale+. My goal is to capturing a video (by the PS side), process the video (by the PL side) and then, save it in a file (in the SD card). First, I have connected a USB camera to the board and ran a C++ program on the pre loaded Petalinux furnished with the board. This program records a video and saves the video in a file. It works.

Now, I want to transfer this video to the PL to make some processing video. I have read that we can use VDMA but I have no idea how to use it and where my video is actually saved. I have found several tutorials about that but all of them target Zynq-7000. Does it matter or the two Zynq-7000 and Zynq Ultrascale+ architectures are rouglhy the same ?  Moreover, do I have to rebuild Petalinux and the block design to do that or can I use the furnished Petalinux? 

Best regards, 

Emilie 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: USB Camera and Zynq Ultrascale+

Hi @emilie ,

Is assume you are running on linux os?

What you want to look at is the video frame buffer read and write (would fit better with linux application) and probably the mem2mem framework:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/80576536/Mem+2+Mem+Composite+Video+Framework

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @emilie ,

Do you have any update on this? Were you able to make any progress?

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I'm currently working on an easier project to well understand the technology. I will come back on it later !
Thank you for your help !
Regards,
Emilie