UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Ultrazed-EV 3G-SDI default reference clock 250 MHz

Jump to solution

Hello, in Ultrazed-EV SOM+Carrier card the default reference clock on boot for 3G-SDI RX/TX is 250MHz and not 148.5 MHz as I could expect. Is this reference clock good to feed sdi gigabit transceiver in Zynq Ultrascale+?

Thanks,

Pierluigi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ultrazed-EV 3G-SDI default reference clock 250 MHz

Jump to solution

Hello @pierlum,

It's better if you drive the system for 148.5Mhz as mentioned UHD_SDI product guide PG289/290.

You can down-sample the clock values using MMCM and PLL. Please follow XAPP888 it will help you better on this with detailed steps.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp888_7Series_DynamicRecon.pdf

Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @pierlum,

It's better if you drive the system for 148.5Mhz as mentioned UHD_SDI product guide PG289/290.

You can down-sample the clock values using MMCM and PLL. Please follow XAPP888 it will help you better on this with detailed steps.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp888_7Series_DynamicRecon.pdf

Thank you

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.  There is on the carrier card a frequency syntetyzer and by default 3 output frequencies are 148,5 MHz (not for SDI) and 1 frequency dedicated to SDI is 250MHz and not 148,5 MHz as the others.  I can also riconfigurate it to 148,5MHz using I2C but I also wanted understand because AVNET chose this strange default value.

Thanks,

Pierluigi

Newbie raminzk

Jump to solution

That is a shame that AVNET did not give an implemented ref design on ULTRAZED. most of my time consumed to port ZCU106 ref designs to ULTRAZED and I was not successful yet.

you should use 148.5MHz CLK for SDI ref. there is an aux clk with 148.5 MHz which is exactly at the same quad(quad227) which SDI rx input is. so you can simply select that clk with GTREFCLK0 selection at UHD-SDI IP.