UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor naeemahmad
Visitor

Video data conversion from "Displayport video" to "Parallel video" on Artix 7bFPGA

Jump to solution

Hi friends,

I am new to this community having basic knowledge of Vivado and Artix 7 FPGA.

In a Automotive project, i need parallel video data which should be consists of 12 bit video data, Hsync, Vsync and PCLK.

I want to get this parallel video output but my source is Displayport. So basically i need to convert Displayport data to parallel video data.

First i want to ask if it is possible with Artix 7 FPGA?

I read on following website IP "AX14-Stream to Video Out" that seems to be related my project.

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi4_stream_to_video_out.html

Please guide me.

Thank you

Kind regards

Naeem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Video data conversion from "Displayport video" to "Parallel video" on Artix 7bFPGA

Jump to solution

Looks like you need the DisplayPort Subsystem. It's not free, but it'll do just what you need.

4 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Video data conversion from "Displayport video" to "Parallel video" on Artix 7bFPGA

Jump to solution

Looks like you need the DisplayPort Subsystem. It's not free, but it'll do just what you need.

Jump to solution

HI @naeemahmad,

As @u4223374 said, you would just need the DisplayPort Subsystem. However the Xilinx IP is not supported on Artix-7.

You might want to discuss this with you FAE/sales contact.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @naeemahmad

What is your resolution and vertical frequency ?

Generally, Xilinx IP is not supported on Artix. 

However, at least, if your resolution is under FHD (1920x1080@60Hz), I think it can work fine.

But, I suggest to ask it to your Xilinx FAE. Maybe helpful for you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @naeemahmad,

This topic is still open and is waiting for you:

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please mark the response which helped as solution
    If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Best Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos