UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Where can I find MIPI DSI TX reference design?

Jump to solution

I use zu102 board, I use vivado 2017.4. I found pg232 chapter5(as follow Figure 5-1), it discripts MIP Application Example, and I download the reference design ‘rdf0421-zcu102-base-trd-2017-4.zip’, but only find ‘MIPI CSI RX Subsystem IP’, not find ‘MIPI DSI TX Subsystem IP’. So where can I find MIPI DSI TX reference design?

111.jpg.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where can I find MIPI DSI TX reference design?

Jump to solution

Hi @luoyanghero ,

In vivado 2017.4, if you search for MIPI in the IP catalog, you should be able to find the MIPI DSI TX IP:

DSI.JPG

And if you need an example design, as mentioned by @kvasantr you need to use the MIPI CSI2 RX example design which include the MIPI DSI TX IP.

Just add the MIPI CSI-2 RX in the design and right click in the IP in the sources window and click "Open example design..."

DSI2.JPG

You should be able to find the MIPI DSI TX

DSI3.JPG

However we always recommend to use the latest version of vivado when starting a new project

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
7 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

In the Block Diagram(pg232), it shows the 'DSI Tx SS' application, but I can not find it in reference project.
How can I find 'DSI Tx SS' reference design?

Somewhere, I found the follow picture about 'DSI Tx SS' in xilinx forum, how can I find the document?

0411.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @luoyanghero 

MIPI DSI Tx Subsystem does not support the application example design generation. For
MIPI DSI Tx example design, refer to MIPI CSI-2 Rx Subsystem Application example design
which uses MIPI DSI Tx Subsystem for display option. This example design also allows you
to test the MIPI DSI only path using Test Pattern Generator.

For more information, see MIPI CSI-2 Receiver Subsystem Product Guide (PG232) 

Thank You.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Jump to solution

Hello @luoyanghero 

I hope I was able to help you with my answer. can you please conclude this post by accepting the solution?

If you still have any further questions please start a new thread.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

The pg232 true discripted 'dsi_tx_subsystem' for display option. I download the 2017.4 version reference project, and open it use vivado, but not find dsThe pg232 true discripted 'dsi_tx_subsystem' for display option. I download the 2017.4 version reference project, and open it use vivado, but not find dsi_tx_subsystem, only find hdmi_tx_subsystem for display. Then which version reference project include dsi_tx_subsystem?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @luoyanghero 

Please work with latest version of VIVADO 2018.3. You will be able to access the example design in latest version of VIVADO only.

Thank You

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @luoyanghero ,

In vivado 2017.4, if you search for MIPI in the IP catalog, you should be able to find the MIPI DSI TX IP:

DSI.JPG

And if you need an example design, as mentioned by @kvasantr you need to use the MIPI CSI2 RX example design which include the MIPI DSI TX IP.

Just add the MIPI CSI-2 RX in the design and right click in the IP in the sources window and click "Open example design..."

DSI2.JPG

You should be able to find the MIPI DSI TX

DSI3.JPG

However we always recommend to use the latest version of vivado when starting a new project

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yes, I generate the 'DSI_TX' example design according to 'CSI RX'.

This is just hardware OK. Now I plan to using 'DSI TX' in my design. DSI has high-speed(for video stream) and low-power(for command) mode, first I need use DSI_TX_IP config my display panel's driver IC using command. But xilinx DSI_TX_IP only have axi interface(axiLite and axiStream, I guess axiLite is use for command sent).

I have my display-panel's register list and value, how can I use axiLite to config my display-panel?

Is there have example design?

0 Kudos