UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Xilinx Display port drivers for both RXSS and TXSS for PL part

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am currently working on my zynq board to implement the display port,both receiver and transmitter.

Can anyone please tell me that where i can  get those PL Receiver and Transmitter drivers to implement on any zynq board.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842105/ZynqMP+DisplayPort+Linux+driver

In the above link i found One example for Display Port But I want to know that whether that example is based on PL or PS.

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xilinx Display port drivers for both RXSS and TXSS for PL part

Jump to solution

Hi @vijaydhoki 

1. linux/linux-xlnx/drivers/gpu/drm/xlnx/ (Config name:DRM_ZYNQMP_DPSUB)

This is only for the PS Displayport TX IP. This will not work with the PL IP.

2. linux/linux-xlnx/drivers/gpu/drm/xilinx/ (Config name:DRM_XILINX_DP)

This is the driver for the old Logicore Displayport IP. This will not be working directly and they are not maintained so you might face issue.

The best solution would be to port the current displayport subsystem to linux but this is not a supported flow so you will have to do it by yourself.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @vijaydhoki 

The page you are mentioning able is for the hard Dispayport TX controller, i.e. the PS controller.

Unfortunatly, there are no linux drivers available for the Displayport TX/RX subsystems. We recommend to use a baremetal application (maybe running on a Microblaze) to control the cores.

The other option for you is to port the baremetal drivers to the linux userspace but this is not supported by Xilinx.

Best Regards

Florent
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @florentw 

I actually went through Kernel Source, I found 2 set of DP drivers in kernel source. They are mentioned below:

Question 1: #1 as the name is DRM_ZYNQMP_DPSUB I can assume that it is PS DisplayPort driver?

Question 2: #1 the name looks like a PL configuration name. So is it suitable for DisplayPort driver?
By the way I got the product guide from the following link:https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/dp_rx_subsystem/v2_1/pg233-displayport-rx-subsystem.pdf This is display port 2.1. I checked some registers of this product with dp driver at linux/linux-xlnx/drivers/gpu/drm/xilinx/ and they seem to be matching. So can you confirm which version of DP the driver supports?
At the end of the day I want to use DisplayPort 2.1 in my FPGA design. Can you suggest or point to linux drivers for this?

Regards,
Vijay

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @vijaydhoki 

This is only for the PS Displayport TX IP. This will not work with the PL IP.

This is the driver for the old Logicore Displayport IP. This will not be working directly and they are not maintained so you might face issue.

The best solution would be to port the current displayport subsystem to linux but this is not a supported flow so you will have to do it by yourself.

Regards

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @vijaydhoki 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
0 Kudos