UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sujeto1
Observer

Xilinx HDMI IP for Zynq7 (XC7Z020)

Jump to solution

Hello all !

I have custom fpga board using zynq7000 (XC7z020CLG400-2). I wanna use Xilinx HDMI IP to display my image data captured directly through cam interface. Why  can't I  see Xilinx HDMI IP in IP catalogue of Xilinx Vivado when design with the z7020? 

although , when i design the project with Xilinx ZCU102 MPSoC evaluation board, i can add HDMI IP in Xilinx IP Catalogue ? 

How can i use Xilinx HDMI IP for my Zynq7000 (XC7z020 device). ? or do i need to purchase ? if yes then why it does not cost for ZCU102 device. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xilinx HDMI IP for Zynq7 (XC7Z020)

Jump to solution

Hi @sujeto1 

The Xilinx HDMI Subsystem IP is working using the Gigabit tranceivers (GTs). The Zynq z7020 does not include any GTs this is why you cannot use the IP on this device. You would need to use another device (with CLG485 package if you want to use Zynq7000 cost optimized range):

HDMI.JPG

Reference: Zynq-7000 SoC Product Selection Guide

Also, just about your comment about the ZCU102: The HDMI Subsystem IP is not a free IP. You need to get a valid license to be able to use it fully  in HW

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Re: Xilinx HDMI IP for Zynq7 (XC7Z020)

Jump to solution

Hi @sujeto1 

The Xilinx HDMI Subsystem IP is working using the Gigabit tranceivers (GTs). The Zynq z7020 does not include any GTs this is why you cannot use the IP on this device. You would need to use another device (with CLG485 package if you want to use Zynq7000 cost optimized range):

HDMI.JPG

Reference: Zynq-7000 SoC Product Selection Guide

Also, just about your comment about the ZCU102: The HDMI Subsystem IP is not a free IP. You need to get a valid license to be able to use it fully  in HW

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post