UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sandyhelton
Visitor

dppt.c replacement for dprx subsystem

Jump to solution

I am upgrading our previous design which used an example design for DisplayPort (dppt.c) that seems to no longer be available. What is a suitable starting point to replace the earlier example design with one from the current dprxss_v5_0 driver? I think the original dppt.c was for a complete DP TX/RX subsystem and we had modified it for just the DP RX, since our design does not need the TX part.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: dppt.c replacement for dprx subsystem

Jump to solution

HI @sandyhelton,

The new top-level software application is included in each of the example designs. For the KC705 example, this will be the xdptxss_kc705.c Ignore the TX as this is a passthrough design and includes both the TX and RX.

You can use this application as an example and then add/remove things to or from your system. 

**As a general rule with the subsystems, you should only need to work with functions in the *ss* files. 

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @sandyhelton,

I do not recommend using the drivers/example design from the old IP with the new IP.

Several years ago we upgraded the IP from the DisplayPort v7.0 to full RX/TX subsystems. 

Currently, for DisplayPort 1.2, these are:

DisplayPort RX Subsystem V2.1 (PG233)

DisplayPort TX SubSystem V2.1 (PG199)

The Displayport v7.0 IP was discontinued in 2017. (PG064)

For upgrading your design from the non-subsystem to the subsystem, I would take a look at the RX SubSystem and its provided example in PG233. (This includes the drivers as well.) I would then replace your older IP with the newer subsystem and use the example design as a guide to implementing the subsystem. When doing so, make sure to use the drivers and example that matches the hardware/Vivado version. Mixing drivers and hardware may cause issues with the driver/hardware.

Here are the available example designs:

2018-12-13 11_07_33-Xilinx Documentation Navigator 2017.2 - file____C__Users_samk_Documents_XilinxDo.png

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
Visitor sandyhelton
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sam,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have already done exactly as you describe. I have built the pass through design as per PG233 and the only work that remains is the application software that runs on the MicroBlaze. In the older system, there was a top level software application named dppt.c that setup the hardware and enabled DP_RX to begin negotiation. I am looking for a replacement for that top level software. The top level software uses the drivers that are imported from the hardware design, so I believe that all of the drivers correctly reflect the new block design. I am just looking for an application to replace dppt.c that initializes the hardware and helps manage the connection. Does such a top level application exist in the current example design or am I left with the task of writing it from scratch?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @sandyhelton,

The new top-level software application is included in each of the example designs. For the KC705 example, this will be the xdptxss_kc705.c Ignore the TX as this is a passthrough design and includes both the TX and RX.

You can use this application as an example and then add/remove things to or from your system. 

**As a general rule with the subsystems, you should only need to work with functions in the *ss* files. 

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub