UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor behzad34
Visitor

system generator MATLAB configuration

Jump to solution

Hello

I am working with XSG. Once XSG is installed it is configured with MATLAB and the XSG blocks were imported in MATLAB library. Now, I have developed my model and it works well without any error. However, after a while it seems that system generator configuration is gone and when I want to open system generator from the start menu a window is opened which says MATLAB is "not configured".  

Can anybody help me how to configure System generator with MATLAB.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: system generator MATLAB configuration

Jump to solution

Hi,

Which verison of Sysgen and Matlab is this?

The general way to configure Sysgen with Matlab is to run Sysgen xxxx.xx Matlab Configurator Window.

Have you done the same way and still see "not configured" error?

If yes right click n Matlab and select "run as administrator" and repeat the configuration.

matlab_config.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Which verison of Sysgen and Matlab is this?

The general way to configure Sysgen with Matlab is to run Sysgen xxxx.xx Matlab Configurator Window.

Have you done the same way and still see "not configured" error?

If yes right click n Matlab and select "run as administrator" and repeat the configuration.

matlab_config.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor behzad34
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks. matlab is configured when I logged in as the administrator. 

0 Kudos
Newbie kluxy

Jump to solution

Hi, I tried the 'system generator matlab configuration' but it ended up with 'Couldn't write information to .minstall file'. I use the ISE13.4 and matlab R2012a under WinXP pc. I think there wouldn't be an issue of administrator authorization under XP unlike win7 or above.

Therefore, do you have any idea what / where .minstall file exist? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos