UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer tomer
Observer

video processing subsystem - scaling reset

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am using Video processing subsystem - ip core - scale only mode.

when I config the function parameters  - XVprocSs_SetSubsystemConfig();

according to function example, there is reset , the picture disapear for ~1 second,

I looked at the above function,  and saw it call the function XVprocSs_Reset(InstancePtr);

whitch described as /* Reset the hardware */

How can I avoid this reset? when I want to operate continous electronic zoom, and every frame load a new configuration parameters to the scale function, it is not reasonable the reset will occur ? 

Thanks for help Tomer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: video processing subsystem - scaling reset

Jump to solution

HI @tomer ,

If fact I went through the product guide (page 32) and it says that the internal reset is a requirement for the scaler only mode (will be the same in full fledge mode):

vpss.JPG

So I do not think this will even work if you try to avoid it.

You might wat to develop your own scaler if the VPSS doesn't match your requirement.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tomer ,

If you want to avoid the reset, you will probalby need to add to logic. The limitation comes from the fact that the VPSS is an HLS IP and will expect the first data to be a strat of frame.

Thus if you change the VPSS configuration, you will need to make sure the input will send a start of frame as first data when the VPSS is back in ready state after configuration. Also you need to make sure the VPSS has finished is operation when you change the configuration (to make sure the pipeline is cleared).

This will not be easy and the reset stays the best solution.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tomer ,

Do you have anu update on this? Was my reply clear enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer tomer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

I understand it is not the best solution to avoid reset, but still if I need to change dynamicaly the scale , it is not reasonable to have reset.

But I dont understand how can I cancel the reset? Do I need to delete XVprocSs_Reset(InstancePtr) , in XVprocSs_CfgInitialize function() ?  But every time I will generate new BSP my change disappear ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @tomer ,

If fact I went through the product guide (page 32) and it says that the internal reset is a requirement for the scaler only mode (will be the same in full fledge mode):

vpss.JPG

So I do not think this will even work if you try to avoid it.

You might wat to develop your own scaler if the VPSS doesn't match your requirement.

Regards,

Florent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos