cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Can ISE "just do the right thing" with IDELAYCTRLs?

I have an SOC design with a number of cores from different sources (e.g. Coregen, outside vendors, in-house designs), and several of them have IODELAYE1 blocks.  The design is constantly evolving, and we have several variation on it.  Frequently, when I add or remove a core, or even  when the tools produce a change in placement, I have to resolve errors related to having too many or too few, or over- or under-constrained IDELAYCTRLs. 

Is there a way to tell ISE to just instantiate and associate IDELAYCTRLs in some reasonable default way, and then I can come back and tweak it if and when I need to?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, use "IODELAY_GROUP" constraint. Check the constraint UG below for more details on the constraint (By the way, download Xilinx Document Navigator to manage all Xilinx documents) :

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_1/cgd.pdf

@andersoe wrote:

I have an SOC design with a number of cores from different sources (e.g. Coregen, outside vendors, in-house designs), and several of them have IODELAYE1 blocks.  The design is constantly evolving, and we have several variation on it.  Frequently, when I add or remove a core, or even  when the tools produce a change in placement, I have to resolve errors related to having too many or too few, or over- or under-constrained IDELAYCTRLs. 

Is there a way to tell ISE to just instantiate and associate IDELAYCTRLs in some reasonable default way, and then I can come back and tweak it if and when I need to?

Thanks,

Eric

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos