UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie deboeckbart

ERROR:iMPACT:1062 - Can only assign files to devices between positions 1 to 2

Dear,

Does there exist a list with iMPACT error codes? Does anyone have any idea what ERROR:iMPACT:1062 means?

Thanks,
Bart
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR:iMPACT:1062 - Can only assign files to devices between positions 1 to 2

Are you using EDK to program the device?
The only time I have seen this error message when your download.cmd is set up incorrectly, what does this portion look like?
What board are you targeting?
assignfile -p 1 -file implementation/download.bit
program -p 1
0 Kudos
Newbie deboeckbart

Re: ERROR:iMPACT:1062 - Can only assign files to devices between positions 1 to 2

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I'm using EDK to program the device.

My download.cmd is:

setMode -bscan
setCable -p auto
identify
assignfile -p 3 -file implementation/download.bit
program -p 3
quit
I'm targeting the Virtex-4 FX12 Evaluation board.

All comments and tips are highly appreciated!

Regards,
Bart
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Avnet FX12 correct?
What position on the JTAG chain is the FX12?
You can check this by opening impact and initializing the chain.
Currently, you have the FX12 as the 3rd device which I do not think this is correct for this board.
On the ML403 board, the FX12 is on 3rd device in the chain...If you are using a ML403 design you will also have to make sure the ucf file is correct for the ML403 and that the IP reflects the IP on the Avnet board.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Correction above...
On the ML403 board, the FX12 is the 3rd device in the chain...If you are using a ML403 design you will also have to make sure the ucf file is correct for the Avnet FX12 and that the IP reflects the IP on the Avnet board.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi All,

it would be very funny if you hear that still after 3 years I have such a problem when I want to program my FPGA in EDK!!.....

I am using EDK11.1 but I can't program my SP3 FPGA. 

can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

bye.

0 Kudos