cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luecha

Finding the proper signal name on Virtex 7 IBIS model.

Hello. Nowadays I am trying to conduct transient simulation using Virtex 7 IBIS model.

Target trace (Pin) is "IO_LXXY_#" (User I/O Pins) from the device of XC7VX485T_FFG1927, 

and I am going to connect this trace to the DDR3 DQ pin.

But I don't know the appropriate signal name of User I/O Pin on the IBIS model. (Virtex 7 IBIS model)

Please tell me how I can choose the appropriate signal name among the signal names on the IBIS model file such as BVDS_25_HR_P, Diff_HSTL_I_S_HR_P,N, SSTL15_DCI_S, etc.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

YJ

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

How did you generate the IBIS file?

-Shreyas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @luecha
any updates on this?

also to add on to this, as you know,
We can configure the user IO pins to any of the IO standards i.e. LVDS or SSTL or HSTL etc.
As you are doing DDR3 memory interface, I assume you are using SSTL/HSTL IO standard. accordingly you need to select the IO standard in IBIS file as well.
for eg.
SSTL15_DCI_S
specifies
SSTL15 IO standard with internal DCI and slow slew rate.

BLVDS_25_HR
specifies
BLVDS25 IO standard in HR io bank.

Hope this clarifies.

-Shreyas
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos