Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

V5_SingleSlice error

Hi

I am trying to implement the color_bar_design exercise on the ML506 and I am encountering some errors.
The color_bar_design exercise was originally designed for the ML505 and though the 2 devices are very similar, there are some differences such as; some of the input output package ports are placed at different locations, there is more dsp and ram fabric in the ML506...
The main problem I am encountering is that I get an error when i "launch the run" of my adapted design in PlanAhead. the run gets through "NGDBuild" but flags the following error in "MAP":
FATAL_ERROR:Pack:pktbapcubemed.c:164:1.71.4.1 - Unable to find packer comp for
   NC comp bm_static2prm_red_3/V5_SingleSlice.   Process will terminate. For
   more information on this error, please consult the Answers Database or open a
   WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.

bm_static2prm_red_3 is one of my bus macros for the reconfigurable area for RED.  I therefore think that the issue is related to the new bus macros for V-5 that apparently can be placed anywhere in the PRR.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? I have tried looking for documentation related this bus macros in virtex-5 but have not found much at all.

Thanks for your time and patience.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Did you success to correct the error because I have the same error when I design my own macro via FPGA Editor. The Translate step is OK but not for the MAP process...I have the same error messages...

Best Regards,

Laurent

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I have the same problem. I'm trying to implement into design an fgpa macro that utilizes CY, but ".. no nc comp found .." , when macro doesn't utilizes CY everything is ok. Does Enyone solved this problem?

Best Regards,
Daras

Tags (1)
0 Kudos