UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kwiatlab
Visitor

Virtex-6 ISERDES differential pin reversed?

Hello,

I am using a HiTech Global Virtex-6 PCIe board, with a LX365T-P1759-3 chip. I have 16 differential inputs all going in to IBUFDS and then in to ISERDES. All of the 16 ISERDES blocks are the same... but when I hook up a logical zero to all of them, I get all zeroes out.. except for one pin, which gets a 1. When I hook up logical one.. I get all 1's out.. except one zero. The same pin.

I have looked at the pinout.. and I have it set to the differential pair of AV23 and AU22 ... and the positive and negative rails are connected right.... I GUESS I could just swap the p and n inputs.. but that doesn't tell me what the problem is. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Virtex-6 ISERDES differential pin reversed?

The documents all say you are OK, but the actual board implementation may be a different story.  Did you ring out the traces to the FPGA balls to see if they are correct?

Regahds
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Virtex-6 ISERDES differential pin reversed?

Hi

I guess the answer is , it could be a bug.

being practical, it is easy to flip in the code, and it does not add delay to the signal.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos