cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial reconfiguration with compact Flash, Microblaze and ICAP

Hi everybody,

I think I have an interesting question. I've achieved partial reconfiguration with compact Flash, ICAP and Microblaze. My partial bit file are stored in the compact flash. And I've seen that the function that load partial bit file from compact Flash to ICAP( xilinx function) is not very efficient for timing because it store a part of the partial bit file in the RAM of the Microblaze.

And then, send it to ICAP. This function do this until the end of the partial bit file.

I would like to know if it exist a function ( xilinx function or home made function) wich enable me to do a direct transfert between compact Flash and ICAP. It means a function wich operate like a DMA transfert in order to upgrade my reconfiguration timings.

The Microblaze know for example the beginning, the ending and the size of the partial bit file to be loaded. Then it transmit this information to ICAP and the transfert is done quickly.

Thanks for any answers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Does anyone have an idea ?

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Does anyone have an idea ?

Not me, sorry.  Official, primary Xilinx first-line support access is through webcase or tech-support hotline.  The user forums are not considered the primary venue for soliciting Xilinx tech support.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, I did the same with ML507 board. It has PPC440 hardwired into the virtex5 FTX FPGA. The problem I think is the bottleneck betwwen SoC RAM and CF. You can verify that aspect.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hello Martel.

You can use directly ICAP for configuring the FPGA.

Refer UG360 document, to the topic IPROG using ICAP.

This gives solution to your question.

Regards

Harsha

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hello martel, can you provide me your email id i am also working on partial reconfiguration but have problem with the interface between compact flash and ICAP. I will be grateful to you, if you can provide me your email ID so that i can contact you directly. 

0 Kudos