UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor zhangka12
Visitor

Problems putting the example TEMAC on a Virtex 6 ml605

When I generate the bitstream and upload it to the board, the wireshark on a linux host to which the board is connected via ethernet to is not detecting any sent data after I have selected the speed mode and enabled pattern generation.

I noticed that the Link status LEDs, from figure 1-16 in this document:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug534.pdf

are not lighting up properly, based on what is supposed to happen from the user manual for the TEMAC.

From the viewpoint of figure 1-16 in the link above, only the top left is turning on. However, it's not even staying turned on the whole time; it's blinking on and off. Is that supposed to indicate some kind of connection error to the Ethernet port to the linux host?

Thanks

PS: I had this example design working with the same design just a couple of days ago, with the same bitstream and board.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Problems putting the example TEMAC on a Virtex 6 ml605

The LED's normally indicate the status of the PHY.  This usually doesn't require a lot of

help from the FPGA, so as long as the PHY isn't being reset or otherwise mishandled

over the MDIO interface, you should normally see correct lights.

The 88E1111 has a lot of strapping resistors to help it boot up into a usable configuration.

is it possible you lost a jumper somewhere since you last had the board working?

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor zhangka12
Visitor

Re: Problems putting the example TEMAC on a Virtex 6 ml605

Thanks! I don't think there were any jumpers that fell off though. Is it possible that it's due to the fact that there's a ethernet conection problem on the other end (the linux host)?

0 Kudos