Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirdhish
Contributor
Contributor

HBM global addressing using Vitis custom flow - Alveo u280 card

Hi,
I am running a custom RTL with an axi master port connected to HBM[0] port. According to the HBM IP documentation, I must be able to access the entire HBM memory space (albeit with higher latency and lower bandwidth) from this single port. While the simulation passes without any errors, I am getting this error in hardware emulation run.

ERROR::[ 1 ] .emu_wrapper.emu_i.hmss_0.inst.xtlm_intercon_kernel.inst.icn.impl: Transaction from Target with Address 0x10000000 cannot be routed 

Through vitis analyser and .xclbin.info file, I came to know that the accessible range from HBM[0] port is 0x1000_0000.

This is what I find in .xclbin.info
Name: HBM[0] Index: 0 Type: MEM_DDR4 Base Address: 0x0 Address Size: 0x10000000 Bank Used: Yes Name: HBM[1] Index: 1 Type: MEM_DDR4 Base Address: 0x10000000 Address Size: 0x10000000 Bank Used: Yes

This is what I find in Vitis link summary.
HBM[0] DDR4 true 0x40000 0x0 HBM[1] DDR4 true 0x40000 0x1000_0000

That error makes sense now. But, Is it possible to have global access to HBM memory space from HBM[0]? If yes, what changes should I make to my project? As far as the host code is concerned, I am using the default code generated by Vitis.

Thank you for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bchebrol
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nirdhish ,

you can use the following HBM example for reference : 

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Accel_Examples/tree/master/host/hbm_bandwidth

Regards,
Vishnu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos