Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameronnott
Visitor
Visitor

Installing SDAccel

Jump to solution

Hello all, I am trying to install SDAccel. I followed the instructions carefully, purchased a nice i7 computer with 64GB Ram and a huge hard-drive, installed Centos 7.5, downloaded all the packages, retrieved a node locked license for evaluation, and then went to the Xilinx site to do the web install where I clicked this: SDAccel 2018.3 web installer for Linux 64 (BIN - 107.19 MB). It then downloads the .bin file and it is saved to my local hard-drive.

The instruction document UG1238 (v2018.3) does not elaborate on what to do with that .bin file. Under the "Batch Mode Installation Flow" (what ever that is) it says to navigate to the folder where the file is located, so I do that. and then I am supposed to type in xsetup -b ConfigGEn but it does not recognize the xsetup command. "xsetup command is not found" is what I get.

Also, I tried to download the 22.3Gb .tar.gz file but the download fails repeatedly.

This install is proving to be the most complicated install I have ever done! Any help would be much appreciated! Either I need to do the webinstall which the tutorial video's describe how wonderful it is but don't really show how to do it or I need to figure out how to download the 22.3Gb.tar.gz file.

Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evant_nq
Explorer
Explorer

What happens if you try to call the bin file?

> ./<installer_bin_file_name>.bin

If it's a Linux utility to download and install like the windows version, it should just be an application that you run.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
evant_nq
Explorer
Explorer

What happens if you try to call the bin file?

> ./<installer_bin_file_name>.bin

If it's a Linux utility to download and install like the windows version, it should just be an application that you run.

View solution in original post

cameronnott
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you. I found how to execute a .bin file and change the permission to make it run as an executable here: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-unix-command-run-execute-bin-files-in-linux/

Being the newbie I am, I didn't know how to command Linux to execute a binary file as an executable. It wouldn't hurt to add that into the installation instructions.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.