cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SDSoC Performance estimation report not generated for software-only.

Hello.
My problem is that during the comparison of hardware and software performance I do not get any estimation of the software performance.

Background:
Im using a ZCU102 Evaluation Board (Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC) and I am investigating SDSoC using the SDSoC Environment Tutorial (UG1028 2017).

I have problems with Lab2, Performance estimation. I have followed the directions by:
1) 1. Connect the mini USB cable to the UART port. (check)

2) Ensure that the JTAG mode is set to use the Digilent cable and that the micro USB cable is connected.
(Is this referring to SW6? Do JTAG mode have to be set on this board? When I search the manual I only find "boot mode" as 0000 on SW6, but this is not the same as JTAG mode?)

3) Set the DIP switch (circled in red above) to SD-boot mode but do not plug in an SD card.
(Again, this is clearly the SW6 switch. SD card is removed.)

4) Power on the board. (USB-UART driver and the Digilent driver is installed)

I have an example project that I have built using Debug configuration and the Estimate performance box is checked. I get the results for Hardware performance just as in the Lab. I have checked my IP address and created a hw_server using the cmd and get a port 3121.

If I edit Target connection I connect with my ip address as host and 3121 as port. If i press "test connection" I get "successfully established connection to "Linux TCF Agent".

However, when I press "Click here" to get software performance nothing is happening. I get the following:

13:37:09 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Windows_test2 ****
make pre-build main-build
sdsoc_make_clean Debug
' '
make: Nothing to be done for 'main-build'.

13:37:12 Build Finished (took 3s.461ms).

At one point (I have no idea what I tried) I actually got something to build and the console told me:
"Software run information file swdata.xml not found. Continuing without comparison to software run data", but I cant make that warning appear again.

Thank you! I appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi! I found the problem.

The first problem is that the tutorial is not completely updated to the new SDx version (its for SDsoC?). The sd card has to be inserted and board set to boot from sd card. Here is a newer one: https://www.xilinx.com/video/software/understanding-estimations-in-the-sdsoc-tool.html

The host (pc) and target (board) have to be connected to the same sub-network through a switch or router with a Ethernet cable. If they don't find each other then the ip addresses have to be hard-coded for both devices. (The addresses should be similar but end with different values. Or you could use the pc ip-address and specify a similar for the board)
Write " ifconfig eth0 YOUR IP-ADRESS" with selected ip addresss in the SDx Terminal to set the ip for the board.
Use ping to check that the board and the pc find each other.
Open Target connections - Linux agent - set the Host to the board ip and port to 1534. Check connection.
Not it should work. Press "Click here" again to get the software estimation. Make sure to close the old report and open it again in Debug/_sds/est/perf.est in the Project explorer.

Highlighted

Please clear your question exactly. 

https://192-168-1-1ip.info/192-168-8-1/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hey lenfors,

I'm having similar issues as you had.
I now followed all of the steps you listed(with the hard-coded IP-adresses) but I'm having troubles pinging the host from my board(ZCU104).
Pinging the board from my host works, but the other direction doesn't give me a response.

Do you maybe have any input to this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have similar problem. I have followed the video and all its zynq has hardcoded ip, pings my pc, run estimation doesn't return any error. But still i can't see compare results between hw and sw. Im using windows 10 and SDSoC 2019.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

@bartokon 

for me disabling the firewall on the host machine worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have find out that it generates swdata.xml on SDCard and i transport it to my Debug folder. But if i click build it cleans it and I can't see comparison between those two. 

Does anyone know how I can use that swdata.xml?

Edit v3. Move swdata.xml to "debug" folder and MAKE IT READ ONLY!!!!!

0 Kudos