Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SDSoC, licensing and Student status

Jump to solution

Hello,

since I started to have a certain interest in FPGA and embedded solutions, I bought as a full time student a Zybo and started working on it. I can use Vivado all fine, which is great, but I'm not sure if I can or cannot pretend to use SDSoC Development Environment. Needless to say that, as a 1-year-to-go future graduated engineer, I would love to be performant on the latest technologies as soon as possible, and SDSoC have a great chance to be standard developing platform on Zynq Serie.

But I'm unable so far to create a license for this software, altough it seems somewhat accessible almost free for Academic students (with some boards being already sold with a SDSoC voucher). Is there a way to get (even device locked, that's not a problem as I won't buy another board for a certain time) a voucher for SDSoC as a student ? I saw some being sold on Digilent for 10$, could it answers my request ?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

k,

Are you referring to the Zynq MPSoC 16nm device family?  It was announced, and we have been shipping engineering samples only.  Production is scheduled for later.  Until the device is in production, there are no generally available boards.  A request may be made through the professor at your school for software licenses as part of the Xilinx University Program-XUP.  Find your XUP contact at your school to discuss applying for such  grant.

Or is this regarding just the SDSoC design tools anf flow (not device specific)?  If it is just access to these tools, your XUP school contact is also your best contact, to request a grant for these tools.

Bon chance, mon ami

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

k,

Are you referring to the Zynq MPSoC 16nm device family?  It was announced, and we have been shipping engineering samples only.  Production is scheduled for later.  Until the device is in production, there are no generally available boards.  A request may be made through the professor at your school for software licenses as part of the Xilinx University Program-XUP.  Find your XUP contact at your school to discuss applying for such  grant.

Or is this regarding just the SDSoC design tools anf flow (not device specific)?  If it is just access to these tools, your XUP school contact is also your best contact, to request a grant for these tools.

Bon chance, mon ami

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You might want to visit the Xilinx University Program page here http://www.xilinx.com/support/university.html

and contact them through the link xup@Xilinx.com to learn more about the programs they offer.

Regarding the Digilent voucher, it appears that this is locked to the Zybo or Zedboard, and may satisfy your

requirements. Contact Digilent and they can confirm whether you are qualified to purchase the voucher and

what it entitles you to.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the informations,

I was refering to SDSoC environment itself (since I already have my own board, a Zybo).

I'll try to contact both my school, xup@Xilinx.com and Digilent to find out if I can pretend to try SDSoC out.

0 Kudos