cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDx Emulation HW Failed due to missing libdpi.so

Jump to solution

Hi, I am a newbie on the SDx tool, who's experiencing difficulty to build an empty project on it. 

I created an empty SDx project and created a skeleton RTL kernel using "RTL Kernel Wizard". At Vivado, I synthesized, hit the Generate RTL Kernel, and selected the Netlist option. The tool said the source code and .xo files are created. Back on SDx, I added a binary container along with the RTL kernel and run with the automatically configured argument. 

Now the run was terminated at the phase of "Hardware accelerator integration..." with the following errors:

ERROR: [VPL 60-399] vivado failed, please see log file for detail: '/home/user/project/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1/link/vivado/vivado.log'
ERROR: [VPL 60-806] Failed to finish platform linker
ERROR: [XOCC 60-398] vpl failed
ERROR: [XOCC 60-626] Kernel link failed to complete
ERROR: [XOCC 60-703] Failed to finish linking

I checked the /home/user/project/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1/link/vivado/vivado.log file and found the following error messages: 

ERROR: [XSIM 43-4452] Linking failed for "/home/user/project/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1/link/vivado/prj/prj.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim/libdpi.so". Please check the log files or run with "-v" option for more messages.
child process exited abnormally
while executing
"exec ./elaborate.sh"
(procedure "hw_em_common_util::generate_simulation_scripts_and_compile" line 101)
invoked from within
"hw_em_common_util::generate_simulation_scripts_and_compile $config_info"
(procedure "hw_em_util::generate_simulation_scripts_and_compile" line 2)
invoked from within
"hw_em_util::generate_simulation_scripts_and_compile $config_info"
(file "/home/user/project/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1/link/vivado/ipirun.tcl" line 202)

I found a thread in this forum discussing the same problem: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDAccel/Vivado-failed-to-link-libdpi-so/m-p/868024#M2190

The solution there is to install libc6-dev-i386 so I did, but the solution didn't work for me. 

I am desperately looking for any clues that you might have. Is there anybody who had the same experience?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I lost the track on this thread. It seems that I somehow figured out and left a note that says the following:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDAccel/Vivado-failed-to-link-libdpi-so/m-p/868024#M2190
Install libc6-dev-i386
 - sudo apt-get install -y libc6-dev-i386

It seems that I resolved the issue with this. Hope this helps you too!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Are you using Vivado 2018.2? What's your operating system?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Did you look in the compile.log in the directory where libdpi.so should be located? I found the solution to that other thread by looking into the errors shown there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @jongsae ,

have you solved this problem ? 

I have got the same problem as yours. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I lost the track on this thread. It seems that I somehow figured out and left a note that says the following:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDAccel/Vivado-failed-to-link-libdpi-so/m-p/868024#M2190
Install libc6-dev-i386
 - sudo apt-get install -y libc6-dev-i386

It seems that I resolved the issue with this. Hope this helps you too!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Faced the same issue. After installing libx-dev-i386 the linking issue was solved.

0 Kudos