Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marchetto
Visitor
Visitor

System Specs for SDx Software

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Sorry for my stupid questions i'm a newbie with fpga and SDx Accel software. But on system specs i've read that the recommended RAM size was 80GB!

If i want to try the software on my PC with 16GB of RAM and compiling the example, it wouldn't be possible?

Why is necessary a lot of RAM for this development tool?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsarkari
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marchetto ,

The minimum system memory requirement is 64 GB. System memory refers to RAM + swap/virtual memory.

You can find out available system memory using the command below on Linux bash:

free -gt

This will display the total system memory available in GBs. If it is more than 64 GBs, you are good to go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided was helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think was helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rsarkari
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marchetto ,

The minimum system memory requirement is 64 GB. System memory refers to RAM + swap/virtual memory.

You can find out available system memory using the command below on Linux bash:

free -gt

This will display the total system memory available in GBs. If it is more than 64 GBs, you are good to go.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided was helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think was helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos