cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

VCU capable ReVision platform on SDSoC platform project

Jump to solution

I basically want to use VCU in filter2d example. For that reason, I want to build a ReVision platform for zcu104 development board with VCU. To do this, I flow this tutorial and ug1146 documents. I could manage the build an SDSoC custom platform with VCU (SDx HW acceleration works well). Apart from that platform, I also build a petalinux project with zcu104-BSP-v2018.3-final-v2.bsp and ı could use Gstreamer with that image to seeing the Vivado VCU design works well. 

However,  unlike the petalinux project, ı can't use .bsp in SDSoC platform creation project. Because of that necessary VCU driver and gstreamer libraries doesn't seen in the custom platform. Also, OpenCV libraries don't appear in there.

I found this web page, that person could merge the petalinux project with SDSoC platform creation project. But seems like a workaround and adding OpenCV libraries with that method a little bit tedious. (I didn't try that method yet..)

My question, How can I add these libraries into my custom plaftorm, or is there another way to build VCU capable ReVision platform. 

Thanks in advance,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

I solve my problem. 

The tutorial which I mentioned earlier really helped a lot. I found a way of adding necessary libraries while investigating the petalinux configuration options.

There is a checkbox inside the petalinux root file system configuration screen. 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-gstreamer --> [*] 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-opencv --> [*] 

Screenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-46.pngScreenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-35.png

After compiling the peta proj, gstreamer and opencv libraries shown in the /usr/lib.

I use 2018.3 version of petalinux because of that Libsds_lib.so needs to be dynamically linked as in the tutorial. 

Additionally, To using custom gstreamer element like in the filter2d reVision example, gstsdxallocator and gstsdxbase prebuild libraries required. I simply copy and paste these libraries to /usr/lib/ directory after the new platform booting up. These libraries can be found 2018.3 prebuild reVision image, also ı will add in this post (gstsdx_libraries.zip). I realize that thing after building my platform, libraries can be added to the root file system with the same technique in the tutorial.

I hope it will help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

I solve my problem. 

The tutorial which I mentioned earlier really helped a lot. I found a way of adding necessary libraries while investigating the petalinux configuration options.

There is a checkbox inside the petalinux root file system configuration screen. 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-gstreamer --> [*] 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-opencv --> [*] 

Screenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-46.pngScreenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-35.png

After compiling the peta proj, gstreamer and opencv libraries shown in the /usr/lib.

I use 2018.3 version of petalinux because of that Libsds_lib.so needs to be dynamically linked as in the tutorial. 

Additionally, To using custom gstreamer element like in the filter2d reVision example, gstsdxallocator and gstsdxbase prebuild libraries required. I simply copy and paste these libraries to /usr/lib/ directory after the new platform booting up. These libraries can be found 2018.3 prebuild reVision image, also ı will add in this post (gstsdx_libraries.zip). I realize that thing after building my platform, libraries can be added to the root file system with the same technique in the tutorial.

I hope it will help.

View solution in original post

Observer
Observer

Hi, could you tell me how to build a SDSoC platform with zcu104-BSP-v2018.3-final-v2.bsp? i want to use vcu and hardware accelerator together too.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

You can flow the tutorial which I mention above. Use .bsp file while creating the PETA project ( Step 2: Point 3. )

0 Kudos