cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

XRT Install Errors even with clean system!!! Please Help!! Thanks...

Jump to solution

I have done all the right steps:

Setup Ubuntu 2018.4.1

Installed Vitis

Installed all required items for PetaLinux SDK

Installed PetaLinux SDK with Zero errors or warnings.

Then  "sudo apt install ./xrt_201920.2.3.1301_18.04-xrt.deb"

a few pages of spew in I get:

Unloading old XRT Linux kernel modules
rmmod: ERROR: Module xocl is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module xclmgmt is not currently loaded

Invoking DKMS common.postinst for xrt
Loading new xrt-2.3.1301 DKMS files...
Building for 4.15.0-74-generic
Building initial module for 4.15.0-74-generic
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
.......................................................................................................................................+++++
....+++++
writing new private key to '/var/lib/shim-signed/mok/MOK.priv'
-----
Secure Boot not enabled on this system.

AHHHH... It actually is able to later generate an XSA file.. but craps out on later steps.. so I want to start with the first errors I see.. what can this be? I have a clean install and am following everything precisely.. so there must be an error in the install process..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Got it working!!!

Not a version missmatch as much as that the latest Git Clone of XRT is just plain broken.. it seems to work with XRT-2019.2_RC2.

Still get this issue..

cp: cannot create regular file '/home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/pl.dtsi': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/device-tree.mss': No such file or directory

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

All in all the above may not be an issue.. but in the next step.. building the bootloader I hit a failure which may or may not be related:

running: ~/XRT/src/runtime_src/tools/scripts/peta_build.sh ~/PetaBuilds/xsa_build/zcu104_revmin/zcu104_revmin.xsa

Lots of output.. but then:

WARNING: SRC_URI is conditionally overridden in this recipe,... (note: probably not an issue)

cp: cannot create regular file '/home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/pl.dtsi': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/device-tree.mss': No such file or directory

ERROR: xrt-2.2.0+git999-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/build/tmp/work/aarch64-xilinx-linux/xrt/2.2.0+git999-r0/temp/log.do_compile.23256)  (note: log is just a copy of screen output)

warning: "XPAR_AXI_PERF_MON_0_TRACE_WORD_WIDTH" redefined
| #define XPAR_AXI_PERF_MON_0_TRACE_WORD_WIDTH 64
|
| In file included from /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/core/include/xrt.h:53,
| from /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/core/include/xclhal2.h:26,
| from /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/xdp/profile/device/profile_ip_access.h:25,
| from /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/xdp/profile/device/traceFifoFull.h:24,
| from /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/xdp/profile/device/traceFifoFull.cpp:17:
| /home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/core/include/xclperf.h:100: note: this is the location of the previous definition
| #define XPAR_AXI_PERF_MON_0_TRACE_WORD_WIDTH 32  (note: this looks horrible to me...)

home/andrew/XRT/src/runtime_src/core/edge/hw_em/shim_hwem.cpp:24:10: fatal error: shim-profile.h: No such file or directory
| #include "shim-profile.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR: Task (/home/andrew/PetaBuilds/zcu104_revmin/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-xrt/xrt/xrt_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

| compilation terminated.  (note: this is probably the critical one and seems related to some unpublished dependency)

Note: Creates some output but not the boot image..

It is hard for me to imagine that many people are having any success with Vitis given that the instructions lead to build failure..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @tschesnok,

Just a remark: I see that you've installed XRT 2.3.1301. However in the log there's mention of XRT 2.2.0. Could this mismatch cause the error?

Ivan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you for catching that.. I installed XTR via the link on Xilinx website.. and also cloned the repository (latest version I guess) since I'm using the scripts.. I will look into it..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I do see howver that the latest github build seems to be broken.. since the file is actually missing while still being referenced.. "#include "shim-profile.h" I filed an issue on Git.. will see..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

You're right, shim_profile.h is in the 2019.2 branch but not in the master branch. https://github.com/Xilinx/XRT/blob/2019.2/src/runtime_src/core/edge/user/shim-profile.h

Have you tried to use the file from the 2019.2 branch? or clone this whole branch?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Working on it.. I'm slow :(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Got it working!!!

Not a version missmatch as much as that the latest Git Clone of XRT is just plain broken.. it seems to work with XRT-2019.2_RC2.

Still get this issue..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos