Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowd
Adventurer
Adventurer

hardware emulator hangs at the end of launching in vitis 2020.1

Jump to solution

Hello there!
I correctly built an acceleration platform based on XCZU4EV and use this platform to build a vadd application. After the vadd application is correctly compiled and the emulation-HW image is generated, start the emulator. But the emulator got stuck in the place where the user log in, and can't enter the user name and password to log in. What should I do?

屏幕截图 2021-01-23 175044.png

屏幕截图 2021-01-23 175221.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chaitany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you check if the network interfaces are working fine in the Linux running on QEMU.

ifconfig -a

If you can not access the Emulation console. From an external terminal, source the settings64.csh from the install, and then try running the launch_hw_emu.sh script in the vadd/Emulation-HW directory.

Now the linux will boot, you can enter user id and password. You can now check if the network interfaces are working fine or not.

Command "ifconfig -a " should show the ipv4 address.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chaitany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you check if the network interfaces are working fine in the Linux running on QEMU.

ifconfig -a

If you can not access the Emulation console. From an external terminal, source the settings64.csh from the install, and then try running the launch_hw_emu.sh script in the vadd/Emulation-HW directory.

Now the linux will boot, you can enter user id and password. You can now check if the network interfaces are working fine or not.

Command "ifconfig -a " should show the ipv4 address.

View solution in original post

yellowd
Adventurer
Adventurer

@chaitany 

Thanks for your help and I can make my images boot correctly. It is the network interface issue that make the emulator hang. This issue bothers me for a long time.

0 Kudos
yellowd
Adventurer
Adventurer

@chaitany 

How did you discover that this problem is related to the network interface? I did not find any relevant instructions on ug1393 or ug1400. When will HW-emulator and SW-emulator use the network interface?

0 Kudos
chaitany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For tcf agent to work correctly, it requires the network interfaces are up. If they are not, and the tcf_agent is started as a daemon in the linux. The Vitis GUI, tries to establish connection to the tcf agent, if it fails to connect, we will be seeing the tcf agent connection error.