Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

sdsoc license issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a nodelock license for sdsoc and I received the Xilinx.lic file. I installed my license through license manager and checked weather license has been properly configure for sdsoc. But each time I try to start sdsoc project it keep asking me for license. please have a look at the attachment.  then I copied manually to the %APPDATA%,%APPDATA%/local/xilinx,%APPDATA%/Roaming/xilinx,%APPDATA%/roaming/xilinxlicense,%APPDATA%/xilinxlicense all most everywhere I could find xilinx in appdata location but no luck.

And when I start the sdsoc project I cannot see any templates, is this related to the license? thanks

Untitled.png
sd.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: sdsoc license issue

Jump to solution

@1ymw1

The reason for license checkout failure is host ID mismatch.

The license was generated for host ID 902b347f67ff, but this host ID is not available on your machine.

You need to generate the license for one of the following Host IDs:
Network Interface Card ID : 1831bf7ee242,82c5f2667a6f,92c5f2667a6f,80c5f2667a6f,80c5f2667a6e 
C: Drive Serial Number : 3c832c18

You need to rehost the SDSoC license by using steps given in this AR: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @nupurs

Kindly do the needful.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @1ymw1

Please check below information.

• Check to make sure the license file is in one of the locations where Xilinx software looks for the license. Typically, this is the ".xilinx" directory under the home drive, for example,c:\.Xilinx or ~/.Xilinx) for node-locked licenses, however, there are several possible locations where the Xilinx software might find a license. For all searched locations, go to: http://www.xilinx.com/tools/faq.htm 
    and select "What are the search order and locations that Xilinx software tools (other than CORE Generator) look for a license?"
  • Make sure that the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE is set to the expected value, if the license is not in a default location.
  • Open the license file and visually check to make sure the desired feature is found in the license file. It should follow a FEATURE or INCREMENT keyword or be a component of a package (the package name must also follow a FEATURE or INCREMENT keyword).
  • Run lmutil diagnostics on the file where the product license key is expected to be to obtain the available license keys and check-out status.
    Example: 'lmutil lmdiag -c c:\.Xilinx\xilinx.lic'
  • For LogiCORE IP license you can also run xlicmgr from the command line to see the license status.
    Example: 'xlicmgr status -c pci_express_v1 -v'
  • If you are running the software on a remote desktop, check to see that the license contains the "TS_OK" (Terminal Server OK) key. XLCM will show that the license is valid but hte software will indicate that a valid license was not found.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@1ymw1

Can you share your license file here?

Also, open Vivado tcl console and run the following command:
report_environment -file env.txt
Type "pwd" to know where the env.txt file is stored, and share the env.txt file here.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

hi @nutang

1. the license manager didnt make a .xilinx folder in the c/xilinx location or c/.xilinx so I manually made a folder and copied the license file but that also didnt work. yes I have visited that webpage already and I copied this license file everywhere as they have mentioned.

2. can you please explain me how to set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE value.

3. yes I did open the file using notepad++ and I have a visual confirmation of file that I have license for sdsoc until 11/2019.

4.can you explain me how to do the lmutil diagnostics?

5. I am not using LogiCORE IP license

6.I am not using remote desktop

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

hi @nupurs

here is the license file and env . txt

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@1ymw1

The reason for license checkout failure is host ID mismatch.

The license was generated for host ID 902b347f67ff, but this host ID is not available on your machine.

You need to generate the license for one of the following Host IDs:
Network Interface Card ID : 1831bf7ee242,82c5f2667a6f,92c5f2667a6f,80c5f2667a6f,80c5f2667a6e 
C: Drive Serial Number : 3c832c18

You need to rehost the SDSoC license by using steps given in this AR: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Thanks,
Nupur

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

hi @nupurs

thanks buddy, it worked. lets roll

0 Kudos