UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Profiling information obtained using sw_emu is random

Jump to solution

I am trying to measure the execution time of the kernels using aws-fpga using sw_emu. Everytime i run the same code and check the profile summary i get different timings.

Eg: 

1st run: 2.3ms

2nd run: 8ms

3rd run: 13ms 

Why is the execution time change for the same code. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Profiling information obtained using sw_emu is random

Jump to solution

sw_emu uses CPU to do emulation for sw compiling result. It highly depends on CPU load. Besides, the time measured in sw_emu is less meaningful than hw_emu. You may try hw_emu to see any difference.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Profiling information obtained using sw_emu is random

Jump to solution

sw_emu uses CPU to do emulation for sw compiling result. It highly depends on CPU load. Besides, the time measured in sw_emu is less meaningful than hw_emu. You may try hw_emu to see any difference.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post