UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer cole.jepson
Observer

Retarget IP error

Jump to solution

As you can see from my previous questions, I'm trying to generate a custom platform using Vivado 2016.2 and SDSoC 2016.2. I have nearly got it working I think but I'm getting a strange error saying:

ERROR: [BD 5-336] This command cannot be run, as the BD-design is locked. Locked reason(s):
* BD design contains locked IPs. Please run report_ip_status for more details and recommendations on how to fix this issue.
List of locked IPs:
XADCTest2_processing_system7_0_0
XADCTest2_rst_processing_system7_0_100M_0

In the vivado.log file within my debug session it says that the processing system and processing system reset need an "IP board change Retarget IP" (first picture) but when I go to Vivado and use the tcl command report_ip_status it says that no changes are need on these IP and they are the same version (second picture). 

What could cause this discrepancy?

Vivado_log.png
tcl_error.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Retarget IP error

Jump to solution

The "locked IP" message usually means that the Vivado IPI tool thinks the IP versions in your design are not

the latest version. If the platform Vivado project IP versions are the latest in that release, you shouldn't see this

message and the report_ip_status command normally tells you which IP versions are not up to date.

It's possible that there a differences in IP versions between the Vivado 2016.2 installation (separate from SDoC)

and the SDSoC 2016.2 installation (which contains it's own copy of Vivado). I wouldn't expect this to be the case.

If you use the Vivado tool found in the SDSoC installation to create your Vivado project for the platform, you

shouldn't see this message. Maybe you can open the project in the SDSoC 2016.2 Vivado and update any Ip

versions if it thinks it is out of date. On Windows the SDSoC Start menu has Vivado sub-menus, or on the

command line you can use an SDSoC Terminal (Windows) or shell where you ran the SDSoC settings64.csh or .sh

to set the environment (Linux) to start vivado.

If you did everything with the SDSoC 2016.2 Vivado, something strange is happening.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Observer cole.jepson
Observer

Jump to solution

I'm going to try loading the newest version of Vivado...maybe this will fix the problem? I don't know...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The "locked IP" message usually means that the Vivado IPI tool thinks the IP versions in your design are not

the latest version. If the platform Vivado project IP versions are the latest in that release, you shouldn't see this

message and the report_ip_status command normally tells you which IP versions are not up to date.

It's possible that there a differences in IP versions between the Vivado 2016.2 installation (separate from SDoC)

and the SDSoC 2016.2 installation (which contains it's own copy of Vivado). I wouldn't expect this to be the case.

If you use the Vivado tool found in the SDSoC installation to create your Vivado project for the platform, you

shouldn't see this message. Maybe you can open the project in the SDSoC 2016.2 Vivado and update any Ip

versions if it thinks it is out of date. On Windows the SDSoC Start menu has Vivado sub-menus, or on the

command line you can use an SDSoC Terminal (Windows) or shell where you ran the SDSoC settings64.csh or .sh

to set the environment (Linux) to start vivado.

If you did everything with the SDSoC 2016.2 Vivado, something strange is happening.

View solution in original post

Observer cole.jepson
Observer

Jump to solution

You are right. I must not have used the Vivado that came with SDSoC or something. After installing Vivado 2016.3, these errors went away but other errors have appeared (you will see those in a minute in another thread). 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I think you should check the system and the try to use the correct ip address

0 Kudos