UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDAccel 2018.3 static integration of libraries to executable

Hello,

I am using SDAccel 2018.3 (AWS F1 machine instances) on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to generate the awsxclbin and its corresponding executable. Everything works fine, however when I run the same awsxclbin + executable on a Centos 7 machine, of course it cannot find the required shared libraries (either due to different paths or not even installed).

The idea is to be able to "distribute" the awsxclbin + executable to other users so they can run it directly on their machines irrespective to their Linux environment.

Is there such an option on SDAccel to include all required shared libraries in a single executable?

Thanks,

dtheodor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SDAccel 2018.3 static integration of libraries to executable

SDAccel host compiler (xcpp) just use standard g++ to compile host code. Seems that there's no easy way to avoid libraries confliction when moving to another system. 

You could use standard ways to resolve such issue, such as, using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to valid libraries. Or try to utilize --rpath to point specific directory that contains needed dynamic linking libraries. Or try to use docker to create needed system. 

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adventurer
Adventurer

回复: SDAccel 2018.3 static integration of libraries to executable

@bruceythank you for the suggestions, I guess I will go with the docker solution.

dtheodor

0 Kudos