UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

VCU capable ReVision platform on SDSoC platform project

Jump to solution

I basically want to use VCU in filter2d example. For that reason, I want to build a ReVision platform for zcu104 development board with VCU. To do this, I flow this tutorial and ug1146 documents. I could manage the build an SDSoC custom platform with VCU (SDx HW acceleration works well). Apart from that platform, I also build a petalinux project with zcu104-BSP-v2018.3-final-v2.bsp and ı could use Gstreamer with that image to seeing the Vivado VCU design works well. 

However,  unlike the petalinux project, ı can't use .bsp in SDSoC platform creation project. Because of that necessary VCU driver and gstreamer libraries doesn't seen in the custom platform. Also, OpenCV libraries don't appear in there.

I found this web page, that person could merge the petalinux project with SDSoC platform creation project. But seems like a workaround and adding OpenCV libraries with that method a little bit tedious. (I didn't try that method yet..)

My question, How can I add these libraries into my custom plaftorm, or is there another way to build VCU capable ReVision platform. 

Thanks in advance,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: VCU capable ReVision platform on SDSoC platform project

Jump to solution

I solve my problem. 

The tutorial which I mentioned earlier really helped a lot. I found a way of adding necessary libraries while investigating the petalinux configuration options.

There is a checkbox inside the petalinux root file system configuration screen. 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-gstreamer --> [*] 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-opencv --> [*] 

Screenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-46.pngScreenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-35.png

After compiling the peta proj, gstreamer and opencv libraries shown in the /usr/lib.

I use 2018.3 version of petalinux because of that Libsds_lib.so needs to be dynamically linked as in the tutorial. 

Additionally, To using custom gstreamer element like in the filter2d reVision example, gstsdxallocator and gstsdxbase prebuild libraries required. I simply copy and paste these libraries to /usr/lib/ directory after the new platform booting up. These libraries can be found 2018.3 prebuild reVision image, also ı will add in this post (gstsdx_libraries.zip). I realize that thing after building my platform, libraries can be added to the root file system with the same technique in the tutorial.

I hope it will help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I solve my problem. 

The tutorial which I mentioned earlier really helped a lot. I found a way of adding necessary libraries while investigating the petalinux configuration options.

There is a checkbox inside the petalinux root file system configuration screen. 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-gstreamer --> [*] 

petalinux-config -c rootfs --> Petalinux Package Groups --> packagegroup-petalinux-opencv --> [*] 

Screenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-46.pngScreenshot from 2019-08-27 11-26-35.png

After compiling the peta proj, gstreamer and opencv libraries shown in the /usr/lib.

I use 2018.3 version of petalinux because of that Libsds_lib.so needs to be dynamically linked as in the tutorial. 

Additionally, To using custom gstreamer element like in the filter2d reVision example, gstsdxallocator and gstsdxbase prebuild libraries required. I simply copy and paste these libraries to /usr/lib/ directory after the new platform booting up. These libraries can be found 2018.3 prebuild reVision image, also ı will add in this post (gstsdx_libraries.zip). I realize that thing after building my platform, libraries can be added to the root file system with the same technique in the tutorial.

I hope it will help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer le8888e
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, could you tell me how to build a SDSoC platform with zcu104-BSP-v2018.3-final-v2.bsp? i want to use vcu and hardware accelerator together too.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

You can flow the tutorial which I mention above. Use .bsp file while creating the PETA project ( Step 2: Point 3. )

0 Kudos