UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tallman18
Observer

Chipscope <CoreGen>:ERROR:sim:877

Jump to solution

Hi, I am using ISE 13.1 WebPACK. I have a design which implements with no problem. However, when I tried to add a chipscope source inside ISE(or try to use core inserter) and run implementation I have the following error:

Loading CDC project D:\sil\ss.cdc
Successfully read project D:\sil\ss.cdc
copy D:\sil\sss_cs.ngc => D:\sil\_ngo\sss_cs_signalbrowser.ngo
Generating cores using CORE Generator.  Please be patient as this can take several minutes...
     Generating core 1 of 2 icon_pro.ngc...
        >Gathering HDL files....
        >Creating XST project...
        >Creating XST script file...
        >Creating XST instantation file...
        >Running XST................................
        >Generating VHDL structural model...
        >Creating ISE instantiation template.......
        >Core generation step complete.
     Generating core 2 of 2 ila_pro_0.ngc...
FAILED.

<CoreGen>:WARNING:coreutil - Failed to generate file: example_design_vhd
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim - Error found during generation.
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'.  Error found during generation.
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim:877 - Error found during execution of IP 'ILA (ChipScope Pro -
See CoreGen Log D:\sil\_ngo\cs_ila_pro_0\coregen.log
ERROR:ChipScope: Unable to generate ila_pro_0.ngc
ERROR:ChipScope: Double-click the ss.cdc icon in the sources window to edit and fix the CDC project.

The platform is Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. This one is my PC at work.

I tried the same thing at home(ISE WebPACK 13.1 + Windows 7 Home 64 bit). It is succesfully implemented.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer tallman18
Observer

Re: Chipscope <CoreGen>:ERROR:sim:877

Jump to solution

After I have searched forums, Xilinx WebSite and a couple of hours on google, I ended up with no answer or info. Since I am not admin on the PCs at work I tried at home a lot.

That might be the only reason as far as I figured out, if you are not admin on the PC, chipscope gives the mentioned error. I created a user(not admin) on my notebook, opened the same project and run. It gave the same error. However, when I switch the user to admin it succesfully implements.  I saw some poeple also have the same error, hope it will a solution for them.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer tallman18
Observer

Jump to solution

After I have searched forums, Xilinx WebSite and a couple of hours on google, I ended up with no answer or info. Since I am not admin on the PCs at work I tried at home a lot.

That might be the only reason as far as I figured out, if you are not admin on the PC, chipscope gives the mentioned error. I created a user(not admin) on my notebook, opened the same project and run. It gave the same error. However, when I switch the user to admin it succesfully implements.  I saw some poeple also have the same error, hope it will a solution for them.

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution
Tools that require Admin privilege to run is definitely a bug!

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Tallman,

Running the tools as an administrator definitely should be required. Can you open up a webcase with Xilinx Tech Support so that we can look into this further. From the error message, there is a log file that should have more info. Please attach this log file to the webcase:
**See CoreGen Log D:\sil\_ngo\cs_ila_pro_0\coregen.log

Thanks
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
**I meant should not be required above...
0 Kudos