UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant jairoscz
Participant

Chipscope token files (binary values)

Hello,

I'm using a token file in Chipscope to decode a state machine while debugging.  The contents of the token file look like this:

INIT=1
IDLE=2
READ=4
WRITE=8
DONE=10

By default, Chipscope interprets these values as hexadecimal.  However, It would save me a lot of time if I could use the binary representation instead of hex.  The problem being that I can't find any documentation regarding how to do this. I've made several attempts to guess what chipscope might expect to no avail.

(i.e. IDLE="0001" or  IDLE=0b0001 or IDLE=b"0001")

The only reference to token files and binary representations are here which only refers me to a file that I don't have.:

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/ise_c_debugging_strategies_chipscope_pro.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Re: Chipscope token files (binary values)

I don't have that file either, but from UG029:

#File version
@FILE_VERSION=1.0.0
# Default token value
@DEFAULT_TOKEN=ERROR
# Explicit token values
ZERO=00
ONE=01
TWO=02
THREE=11\b
FOUR=4\h
FIVE=101\b
SIX=6
SEVEN=111\b
EIGHT=1000\b
NINE=9\h
TEN=A\h

I may start using token files now that I know that they exist!

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Newbie lisa4474

Re: Chipscope token files (binary values)

From the chipscope manual it says: "To specify a radix for the value, append \b (binary), \u (unsigned decimal), \h (hex) to the value."

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/chipscope_pro_sw_cores_ug029.pdf

0 Kudos